Friday, July 04, 2008

Crossroads

So, I recently changed jobs. The new job is awesome. I am happy there, as happy as can be anyway. There are always little annoyances, but those come and go.

I met a terrific guy.

I really enjoy spending time with him.

I forgot how much fun it can be to actually date someone. I'm not sure yet if he feels the same. He calls me all the time though, and some of the things he has said lead me to believe that he is interested in the long term. Short term we are becoming great friends and really getting to know one another. Long term remains to be seen. No rush.

My old roommate is really starting to bother me. I pity her and spend time with her because she has no friends. She is highly jealous of the fact that "S" and I are spending so much time together now. She says she will have to take action if he "cuts into time I spend with her".

I was under the impression that the time in my life was meant for me to do with as I see fit, but she doesn't seem to think that way. She sent me a really nasty text message one day last week that said something to the effect of me not wanting to spend time with her because I've found "better people" and that she didn't have to put up with it.

Another friend sent me a text message that said, "Tell S I said hi, and have fun tonight!"

Which message sounds like it came from a TRUE friend to you?

I've been neglecting updating this, and I feel bad for that, but I have barely been spending any time at home lately, for obvious reasons. S and I are really enjoying one anothers company, and I hope to be spending a lot more time offline in the near future, LOL.

Gotta go---I have things to see and people to do! Or is that the other way around.....??

:~P

1 Comments:

Blogger HK said...

LOL-- I knew about the good news update, but had no idea that your ex-roomie thorn was very much alive and kicking in your side.

She may think that she doesn't have to put up with being "left out", but you know what? YOU shouldn't have to put up with a someone who is so needy and unable to understand that her life isn't intertwined with yours.

The only person who has the *remotest* right to demand such a chunk of your time is your significant other, and even then a little breathing room now and then is in order. Not even your bestest friend in the world (let alone a stalker-like ex-roomie who doesn't know HOW to be a friend) should demand that-- hell, if they were ANY sort of friend, they'd be happy for you instead of being snively and jealous, just as you pointed out.

I think it's time you severed your ties. She causes more trouble and drama than you need to put up with. Pity is no reason to spend time with someone. Not only is it bad for your sanity, but it doesn't help her, either-- as long as she knows she "has" you, she won't bother making the effort to find some friends of her own.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home