Monday, March 03, 2008

Picking up the spare......egg

I've been pretty adamant over the last several years about not wanting to ever have kids. No need to worry about that during a relationship, haha. Not without some kind of miracle anyway. But the thought has always lingered in the back of my mind. What if, by some miracle chance happening, I ever did have a long term relationship with a man who wanted a family? I know there are tons of options out there, first and foremost being adoption for a two dad family. This decision would not come lightly. I MIGHT be willing to think about it, for the man that I loved.

Here's the thing.

I don't have a female friend who would want to have a child, if the adoption thing didn't pan out and we wanted to have a kid of our own. Would he? Perhaps. But the point is, even if fatherhood ever did become a need in my life, I don't have a woman in my life who would be my spare egg. I used to think that my friend Andrea and I would make great choices for male and female..uh...parts...to mix and match and boom, there's our kid! But now, she's married and has children of her own. That is no longer a viable option, as I'm sure she'd have no interest in being inseminated with my sperm at this point in her life.

There is probably one other woman that I might consider asking, but she already has two kids of her own too, and I highly doubt that she'd be willing to go through it all again.

So, that's it. Even if I ever did do a complete 180 in my life, settle down and live happily ever after with the man of my dreams---well---maybe HIS dreams at the very least---there would be no chance of us having a child of our own.

I guess it doesn't really matter. Because---ECK---a kid! What the hell am I even thinking about this for?

I'd better stop before I make myself lose consciousness, hehehe.

1 Comments:

Blogger HK said...

Hey, if it ever came to that, I wouldn't mind serving as your "egg donor". Kid can't come out any worse than Todd ;-)

Pregnancy and childbirth are no picnic, but they are a breeze compared to raising the kid-- pregnancy only lasts 9 months and childbirth-- what, a couple days maximum, at worst? Small beans compared to 18+ years! :-D

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home